Fitchburg Dog Park Rules
Park Hours: 6:00 am – 10:00 pm
No more than 15 dogs allowed at one time
Rules provide a reminder of safe actions to protect both dogs and their owners. Users of this Dog Park are expected to abide by the following rules:
1) Aggressive dogs, dogs in heat, sick dogs, dogs under 4 months of age, and dogs not fully vaccinated are not allowed in the park.
2) All dogs must be licensed and up-to-date on vaccinations. Dogs are required to wear a visible municipal license and I.D. tag.
(Dog licenses available at Fitchburg City Hall or on the City website.)
3) Dogs must be kept on leash and restrained until inside the fenced area and when leaving the park area. The owner/handler must have the leash in their possession at all times.
4) Dogs must be under the owner/handler’s voice command.
5) Owners/handlers are expected to be close to their dogs and keep an eye on their dog(s) at all times so any conflicts can be quickly dissipated.
6) Owners are responsible for their dogs’ actions. Dog owners are legally and financially liable for injuries or damages caused by their dog(s).
WI Statute Ann.174.02(1)
7) Owners/handlers are responsible for picking up after their dog and disposing of waste in the provided waste containers.
8) Owners/handlers must immediately remove their dog(s) if the dog(s) repeatedly demonstrates aggressive behavior.
9) Do not allow your dog to dig along the fence.
10) No climbing on the fence by humans or dogs.
11) Owners should never leave their dog(s) unattended in the park.
12) Human food, smoking, and glass containers are not allowed in the park.
13) Children should be closely supervised by an adult at all times.
For emergency public safety situations call 911
For non-emergency public safety situations call 270-4300
Use common sense to help keep our beautiful park clean and safe. Thank you.